A few weeks ago, I was reading some old journal entries from high school: “Today the missionaries came by. Elder Jones sure is a cutie!” I laughed when I saw this because it’s hard for me to believe that Peter is that same missionary that taught my family years ago. I feel like I’ve always known him so it’s weird to remember just being acquaintances. I remember the first time that I thought Peter was cute. Sally and Cherry (my step family) were speaking to one another in Chinese, giggling and laughing in between words. This always piques my interest so I asked what they were saying. Sally replied, “My mom says that Elder Jones blushes every time he looks at you.” I didn’t believe it at first but I noticed the next time the missionaries were over. Every time the missionaries would leave, my dad would tease me saying, “That’s the boy to marry Lynny!” Who would have thought that I would actually marry Elder Jones.
Fast forward 2 years to January, 2010. I was at the Courtyard Marriott in St. George with my sisters and their kids for a break from the cold weather. Peter added me as a friend on facebook. We started chatting with one another and caught up on one another’s lives. We began talking on the phone. It was surprising to see how many things we had in common. I was impressed by his view on politics and his knowledge of government. Peter and I would talk about everything! We’d take turns asking one another questions and would talk for hours at a time. I enjoyed every minute of it.
Peter wasn’t very good at disguising his questions, like “what is your favorite color of flower?” or “do you like poems?” I was surprised (but not very surprised) when a flower with a poem showed up at my doorstep on Valentines Day. That night I called to thank Peter. He did surprise me with something that night; He asked me to be his girlfriend. I told Peter I would try it out for a week to see how I liked it. Apparently, it worked out well for the two of us. :). We continued to get to know one another. With every question I asked, I realized that he would be perfect for me. Late each night, I’d say good night to Peter and each morning, I’d wake up to his voice.
Peter came to visit in March. We were slightly awkward. I learned that he was just as big of a nerd as me and began a new game of Zelda on Nintendo 64.
I visited him in April. We fell in love and continued our game of Zelda.
He came to visit me in May and again in July. He endured through being broken up with 2 times and I realized I couldn’t live without him. He was already my Everything.
He moved here in January. We’re planning a wedding.
♥ I have never been happier ♥


No comments:
Post a Comment